I’ve been working on an update to 3D Maze Remix – a small game I made based on the Windows 95 screensaver: 3D Maze. This update focuses on making the game more of a complete package. I’ve focused on improving the look and feel to be more consistent and more accurate to the source material. I’ve also added some features to improve it as a game, such as improved keyboard controls and Xbox controller support. Please see the full change log below for a complete list of changes.
V 1.1 Change Log
- Added Xbox controller support.
- Added Pause function.
- Added a ‘Win’ condition screen.
- Added new animations for the maze and maze objects.
- Added alternate keyboard controls.
- Added a new icon.
- Added new ‘Start’ button sprite. It is now more authentic to the original.
- Updated the design of the UI.
- Reduced stuttering when moving around the maze.
- Changed the ‘Instructions’ screen to ‘Controls’.
- Improved keyboard controls and simplified mappings.
- Improved maze start animation to be more authentic to the original.
- Improved how the maze sprites are drawn.
- Improved how the maze textures are drawn to look more accurate to the original.
Follow Mike on Twitter: @Digressive