Microsoft Deployment Toolkit build 8450 is out. You can read more about it here over on the MS Deployment Blog.
Installing & Configuring Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and Dependencies.
Here are the links the software we’ll be using:
First we’ll install the Windows 10 1703 ADK which is now fully supported by MDT in build 8450. The setup will need to download additional files so it may take some time depending on your internet connection.
On the Select the features you want to install screen select:
- Deployment Tools
- Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE)
- Imaging And Configuration Designer (ICD)
- Configuration Designer
- User State Migration Tool (USMT)
Now install MDT by running the setup file downloaded earlier, there is no specific configuration during the install wizard.
You’ll now need to create a deployment share and import an OS to start working with. Here’s my other guide on how to get started with MDT and deploying Windows 10 1709.
Upgrading to MDT 8450 from MDT 8443
To upgrade from MDT 8443 to MDT 8450:, you can simply run the MDT 8450 installer, but you’ll need to have the Windows 10 1709 ADK installed.
- Install the Windows 10 1709 ADK, if you haven’t already.
- Backup your current deployment shares
- Run the MDT installer.
- Open the MDT console, and upgrade the deployment shares as instructed.
- Very important: Don’t forget to completely regenerate your boot images.
If you’d like to get in touch with me, please leave a comment or tweet me.