Configurable Script for Creating On-Prem Active Directory User Accounts
I’ve completely re-written this utility to make it easier and simpler to use. You can now configure multiple groups for the users to be added to on creation and the sam account names are generated randomly from the names list CSV file.
The utility is intended to create a lot of users very quickly. By default usernames are first name and a three digit number and passwords are also generated randomly by the script. If your environment has different requirements, edits will be needed to the code.
2021-09-20: Version 21.09.20
- Added code to make sure sam account name will never be more than 19 characters, due to the default sam account name length being 20 characters.
2021-09-15: Version 21.09.15
- Completely rewritten to streamline the user creation process.
- User passwords are now randomly generated.
- Added option to add users to multiple groups.
- Utility will find groups based on the AD name. No more having to specify the whole DN.
- Added ASCII banner art when run in the console.
- Added option to disable the ASCII banner art.
- Added an option to specify the Port for SMTP communication.
On-Prem AD User Creator Utility can be downloaded from:
See the full documentation available here.
Support My Work
If you would like to support me, please check out the links below. Thank you!