Flexible Hyper-V Backup Utility
Many thanks to everyone who has donated, sent me messages about bugs and suggestions for improvements. Your continued feedback is greatly appreciated!
This is a big update with many substantial changes to the code. I have tested it extensively but if a bug has slipped through please do not hesitate to contact me or open an issue on github.
- The code has been refactored in many places and now uses functions for a lot of core operations which help greatly in maintaining it.
- Several improvements have been made. Some small, some large.
- Several new features have been added including a “low disk space” mode. In this mode previous backups are removed before new ones are made. There is more risk of data loss involved with this but this is now a choice you can make for yourself.
Please see the complete release notes down below for all the details.
2023-01-09: Version 23.01.09
- Added script update checker - shows if an update is available in the log and console.
- Added VM restore instructions to readme.md.
- Added “low disk space” mode. -LowDisk switch deletes previous backup files and folders before backup for systems with low disk space. Default behaviour only removes backups after a successful backup has occurred.
- Added webhook option to send log file to. For Teams, Slack, Discord integration.
- Lot’s of refactored code using functions. Simpler, easier to manage. Long overdue.
- Fixed bug that started VMs that were shutdown.
- Changed “VM not running” from an error state to an informational state.
- Changed “Backup Success” to a success state (green text in console).
- Changed -NoPerms so that VMs are now saved instead of shutdown (safer, faster, does not require Hyper-V integrations)
Hyper-V Backup Utility can be downloaded from:
See the full documentation available here.
Support My Work
If you would like to support me, please check out the links below.
If you have any questions or comments please use the comments below or join the Discord.