Control Internet access with Windows Firewall
For full change log and more information, visit my site.
Internet Access Control Utility is available from:
Please consider supporting my work:
Please report any problems via the ‘issues’ tab on GitHub.
Features and Requirements
- It requires Windows Firewall to be active.
- The utility requires at least PowerShell 5.0.
- This utility has been tested on Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Here’s a list of all the command line switches and example configurations.
|Command Line Switch||Description||Example|
|-Disable||Block the internet. Create the firewall rule to block ports 80 and 443||N/A|
|-Enable||Allow the internet. Removes the firewall rule created, allowing the ports 80 and 443||N/A|
|-L||The path to output the log file to.||[path]|
|-LogRotate||Remove logs produced by the utility older than X days||[number]|
|-NoBanner||Use this option to hide the ASCII art title in the console.||N/A|
|-Help||Display usage information. No arguments also displays help.||N/A|
This will create a Windows Firewall rule to block internet access using ports 80 and 443.
2022-06-14: Version 22.05.30
- Added checks and balances to help with configuration as I’m very aware that the initial configuration can be troublesome. Running the utility manually is a lot more friendly and step-by-step now.
- Added -Help to give usage instructions in the terminal. Running the script with no options will also trigger the -help switch.
- Cleaned user entered paths so that trailing slashes no longer break things or have otherwise unintended results.
- Added -LogRotate [days] to removed old logs created by the utility.
- Streamlined config report so non configured options are not shown.
- Added donation link to the ASCII banner.
- Cleaned up code, removed unneeded log noise.
2021-12-08: Version 21.12.08
- Configured logs path now is created, if it does not exist.
- Added OS version info.
- Added Utility version info.
- Added Hostname info.
- Changed a variable to prevent conflicts with future PowerShell versions.
2020-03-18: Version 20.03.18 ‘Lock’
- Improved feedback in the console and log.
- Improved documentation.
2020-03-17: Version 20.03.17 ‘Lock’
- Added logging.
- Added config report.
- Made available on PowerShell gallery.
- Refactored code.